Field Applications Scientist
Location: US Field
Nanopareil is developing and commercializing cutting edge nanofiber membrane chromatography technology to transform downstream purification in bioprocessing and gene therapy applications.
We are seeking a field applications scientist to support the adoption of our novel technology in the cell and gene therapy space. This individual will work closely with end users to ensure successful implementation of nanofiber chromatography products in customer applications. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is passionate about new technology and excited to take on a customer facing role with the potential to shape the future of chromatography in the bioprocessing industry.
This position is US field based preferably located near one of several cell and gene therapy hubs such as the greater Boston and mid-Atlantic areas. Domestic and some international travel will be required.
- Work closely with Nanopareil product management and R&D to make customer technology evaluations successful through product demonstrations and providing on-site or in-lab support
- Lead customer facing technology evaluation projects from start to finish
- Develop strategies, tactics and tools to help customers rapidly implement Nanopareil products
- Document voice of customer feedback for continuous improvement and further product/ process innovation
- Provide customers with product training, technical support, and troubleshooting
- Support the creation of collateral with applications data generation and publication
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in biology/biochemistry, chemical engineering, or similar field
- >7 years experience working in downstream purification and/or similar field applications role in the bioprocessing industry with preference for experience in cell and gene therapy applications
- Experience with bench-scale chromatography instruments including how to set up chromatography methods, scale-up parameters, run start up procedures, and make proper connections
- Working knowledge of cGMP requirements and bioprocessing manufacturing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and passion for solving customer problems
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate customer schedules with up to 50% travel
- Strong English writing, presentation, and speaking skills with an attention to detail are required
Nanopareil is a fast-paced company located in Rapid City, SD commercializing disruptive nanofiber chromatography technology. Nanopareil was recently acquired by Gamma Biosciences and is partnering with Astrea Bioseparations (a Gamma Biosiences company) to bring next generation purification technologies to market.
Become the de-facto platform chromatography technology for gene therapy applications.
Nanopareil is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Nanopareil will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.